Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Simon Murphy[_4_] Simon Murphy[_4_] is offline

Default Opening a non excel file using vb

application.followhyperlink "c:\test.rtf" works - but may upset the odd virus
scanner

or you can use Shell
I'm sure there are others, but I can't just find an example in my code

cheers
Simon

"Mike C" wrote:

Im trying to create a help file for a program i am making and it is a .rtf
file. I am having trouble opening it. I can't remember how to make a non-.xls
file open. im making "F1" the hot key and i have that all figured out. its
just opening the .rtf file that im having trouble with. If any suggestions
let me know. Thanks