Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Peekabeaux Peekabeaux is offline

Default how to calculate time in a payroll worksheet

I am attempting to create a time card in which the user just types in the
time they clock out and type in the time they clock out. At the end of the
day I want to total number of hours worked. But when I use a time format,
and enter 8 for 8:00 a.m, the value shows 1/8/1900 at 12:00 a.m.. How do I
fix this so only the hours and minutes are shown and I can calculate the
daily and weekly totals? I have tried downloading 2 different templates from
Microsoft, but still shows the date. Please help.
Oh yeah, while I'm asking :-), does anyone out there know how to insert a
cell value in a header. I want to apply this to a template.
Thanks,

Peek