Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Inhibit Cut (allow Copy)

Duncan,

You can use INDIRECT to make your formula immune to the slings and arrows of
CUT and drag, etc.

=IF(INDIRECT("Z15")=0,0,INDIRECT("A15")/INDIRECT("Z15"))

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"duncan" wrote in message
I'm looking for a way to prevent the user from using CUT (including the
equivalent northwest-arrow drag functionality) but not prevent copy/paste
or
autofill. Users are dragging cells around and destroying associated
formulas:
Absolute references don't sem to help this.
For instance, I have a formula =IF(Z15=0,0,A15/Z15). If the user drags a
CUT
cell over A15, I get =IF(Z15=0,0,#REF!/Z15). Copying doesn't hurt at all.
The
cell with this formula resides in, say, A147. I can make all the