Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jake Marx[_3_] Jake Marx[_3_] is offline

Default Ending an External App from VBA

Hi MT,

I think this will do what you need:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...ateprocess.asp

Jake Marx
MS MVP - Excel
www.longhead.com

Taf wrote:
I am using the VBA Shell function, available in Excel, to run a DOS
Batch file.
to comlete by using the Windows API and monitoring for the status of
the Process ID.

There are circumstances where I would like to kill the batch file
before it is completed. (Timeout or uer interupt for instance)

Is there a way to get Excel to kill the a previosly 'shelled' process
without having to wait for it to complete normally?

Many thanks
MT