Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Chip Pearson Chip Pearson is offline

Default Code libraries usable in all of Office?

I don't believe so. Each running instance of Excel will
instantiate its own private copy of the DLL.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Maury Markowitz"
wrote in message
"Chip Pearson" wrote:
You could create an ActiveX DLL (using VB6) containing all
your
common code, and then instantiate that object in your host
applications.

This sounds like the easiest solution.

The reason I'm doing all of this is because MS's file locking
logic is
driving us absolutely batty. We wrote most of the code in a
XLA, but then the
first person to come to work in the morning and open a
spreadsheet means we
can't work on it any more.

I'm curious if you have any direct experience with using DLL's
in the same
fashion. If we go this route, will Excel simply be locking the
DLL instead of
the XLA and we'll be right back where we started?

Maury