Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Maury Markowitz Maury Markowitz is offline

Default Can never edit my projects, everything is always "read-only mo

"David McRitchie" wrote:
Do you see "[Shared]" on the Title bar, if you do you might take a look at
Highlight, Change Highlighting

Oh I get it. No, this is not the problem. The file in question is an XLA,
which we use all over the place. So the first person to get in in the morning
is granted write access and then me and my fellow developer are locked out.

Is there some way to prevent this? We added a password to the XLA, but that
didn't help the problem. What we'd really like is that anyone who opens it
gets it read-only, but if you type in the password then you get write access.
This seems to be the way the XLS would work, but not the XLA.

I assume this has something to do with the Add-In system, but I can't find
any details on this.

Maury