Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Formatting Performance

Adam,

If the range is large, looping through the range will take time in
comparison to a block operation like copy/paste.

If you know the range, or can determine it, could you try block operation
son that, something like

range("A3:B15").interior.colorindex = 3

--

HTH

RP

"Adam" wrote in message
We seem to have an issue with formatting performance in our excel product
when trying to format (color, font, # format) ranges.

If we loop through the ranges and dynamically define the formats it is a

lot
slower than copying and pasting formats from say a template sheet.

Can anyone speak to this issue? For I would prefer to remove the template
sheet, then we would not need to keep a template excel workbook.
Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Adam