Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Maury Markowitz Maury Markowitz is offline

Default Can never edit my projects, everything is always "read-only mo

"David McRitchie" wrote:

There are several MS knowledge base articles see the Related Area in
Read-Only in Excel, Problems with
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel...ly.htm#related

I'll check this out.

Do you have the ability to create and change a file at that location
if noone else ever touches it . Seems there might be a problem with
the files that the administrator or you antivirus program is allowing you
to update.

Sometimes it appears this is the problem, and rebooting the server is the
only obvious solution. This is certainly not the only cause, however. For
instance, this morning I was able to take control of it easily.

If the problem is within Excel caused by file sharing you can turn it
off under Tools.

Sorry, turn what off?

Maury