Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to protect option button?

Julie,

One way, assuming that you have another option button that counters the
effect is to add a macro to the buttons,, something like

Sub OBLinks()
Dim sLink As String
Dim oButton As Object

sLink = ActiveSheet.OptionButtons(Application.Caller).Link edCell
With ActiveSheet
Set oButton = .OptionButtons(Range(sLink).Value)
If .ProtectContents Then
oButton.Value = True
End If

End With

HTH

RP

"Julie" wrote in message
Hi Tom,

Thank you for your response. I have try it. The link cell will not change
value and message will said the cell you are trying to change is

protected.

This will not change link cell value, but however, the option button will
change.
Now the option button and the link cell are not in line. This will create
problem for me to know which is the right result.

Do you have any clue how to solve this?

Hope to hear from you again.

Best regards,
Julie