Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Cone Jim Cone is offline

Default Object variable or With block variable not set?

Emilio,

Me.Protect

More info in the VBA help file. Look up "Protect" or "Protect Method".

Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Wind54Surfer" wrote in message
Thank you very much.
I would like to take a step forward and automatically protect that specific
sheet,
I tried:
"If Me.ProtectContents = False Then
Me.ProtectContents = True"
but doesn't work.
Thanks ,
Emilio

"Jim Cone" wrote:
Emilio,
Dim wSheet as Worksheet does nothing until you tell Excel what sheet it is...
Set wSheet = ActiveSheet.
Your code should be in the sheet module, therefore "ActiveSheet" or "Me" also
makes a reference to the sheet.
It appears to me that you have more problems then your object variable not
being set. The following code is my interpretation of what you want...
Private Sub Worksheet_Activate()
If Me.ProtectContents = False Then
MsgBox "Sheet is unprotected. ", vbExclamation, " Emilio Says..."
Application.Dialogs(xlDialogProtectDocument).Show

Regards,
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA