Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
gocush[_29_] gocush[_29_] is offline

Default Forms Controls

Assuming your Forms dropdown has its Link cell set to A1, and the input range
is set to "myList",

then in cell B1 enter:
=INDEX(myList,A1)

This will convert the number value of cell A1 back into the actual value
from your named range.

The controls dropdown bypasses this step. You set the Linked Cell in the
control Properties to A1 and the actual value from the list is returned to
the LinkedCell.

"Larry Dodd" wrote:

I have an excel spreadsheet that is using the Forms Dropdown box and it gets
its data from a range of cells. I would like to know how to capture the
value of the text when it changes to something else. I would like to use VBA
to do this. I know if I used the Controls dropdown box that would be easier
but this is how this one is.

If there is no way that I can do that can someone tell me how to set the
Controls Dropdown to accomplish the same thing the form control is doing.