Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ron Rosenfeld Ron Rosenfeld is offline

Default Calculations in Excel

On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 12:51:04 -0800, "Luada"
wrote:

Ron, I am using the following formula to get the balance:
=IF(F16=0,F16+H15-G16,"") where F is the payment column, H15 is the
previous balance from the line above, and G is the payment column.

I'm not sure of how you enter data, but perhaps something like:

=IF(AND(ISBLANK(Amt_charged),ISBLANK(Pmt)),"",IF(F 16=0,F16+H15-G16,""))

"Ron Rosenfeld" wrote:

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 15:47:02 -0800, "Luada"
wrote:

Thanks JulieD and Ron for your help. I have been retired for several years
and boy do you forget what use to be so easy to do. Okay, I was able to
correct formulas, etc. and make Lookup work. I still have one problem. On
the balance column, it keeps repeating the last balance all the way to the
total. I only want the balance to be on the last entry line, regardless of
how many other lines are below it.

Example:

Amount Charged Payment Received Balance
75.00 75.00
10.00 65.00
15.00 50.00
50.00
50.00
etc.
I don't want the last two 50.00 to show as this is confusing to people. How
do I mask the column until I actually enter a number on that row and perform
the caluclation.

What formula are you using?
What happened when you tried JulieD's ISBLANK formula?

--ron

--ron