Bob Phillips

Have a table of items and prices, and look it up. For example

=VLOOKUP(A1,M1:N20,2,FALSE)*B2

where A2 is the dropdown, B2 is the quantity, and column M lists the items,
column N lists the prices. Also, use column M as the reference list in the
drop-down, for data integrity.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Jrr6415sun" wrote
in message ...

I have made a drop down menu (by defining a name)

I would like to make it so it changes the price in a different column
when i change the drop down menu item

for example i have

ITEM QUANTITY PRICE

i want to make it so that when I choose the item from the drop down
menu and enter in the quantity it will calculate the total price

for example if i choose a boxed pin from the item menu and then type in
2 in quantity i want it to show up as $20 in the price ($10 each)

is there a way to do this?

thanks

--
Jrr6415sun