Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Duke Carey[_2_] Duke Carey[_2_] is offline

Default EntireColumn and merged cells

One of the classic reasons for not EVER, EVER, EVER merging cells.

It's far better to unmerge your cells and then use Center Across Selection
as the horizontal format. Then your column selection will work fine.

"OkieViking" wrote in message
I am trying to select the entire column of the active cell (say it is C4).
In row 1 and row 2 there are several merged cells (say B1:G1 and B2:G2).

Range("C4").Activate
ActiveCell.EntireColumn.Select
' Where C4 is a cell found with a Find command

When I do this, all the columns containing the merged cells get selected,
not just the one I want to select. How can I bypass this problem?