Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default How To Call VBA Code from Excel 4 Macro

Prevously posted by Jim Rech:
-----------------------------------
If the VB routine is in the same workbook as the XL4 macro you merely have
to use its name. For instance with this function in Book1.xls:

Function TimesTwo(Num As Integer) As Integer
TimesTwo = Num * 2
End Function

in an XL4 macro sheet also in Book1.xls all you need is this:

=timestwo(2)

This will return 4 to the cell the above function call is in.

If the VB routine is being called from another workbook the XL4 call would
look like this:

=Book1.xls!timestwo(2)

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP

So I assume you would refer to the cell containing the command to get the
return value.

Tom Ogilvy

"Gaston" wrote in message
We have a large system done in Excel 4 Macro Language. We would like to
start migrating to VBA by writing all future additions and modifications

in
VBA.

Is there a way to call a VBA function from an Excel 4 Macro? If so, how

do
you do it, how do you pass parameters to the VBA function, and how do you

get
a return value from the VBA function?