Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Vince Vince is offline

Default Looping through listbox controls

Bob,
Thank you for the help. My original post said I needed to store the Value
of the listbox. I thought you used the .Name for example purposes, so once I
saw that it worked I then tried the .Value instead. Your code was fine, I
was just trying to get the Value, did not mean to imply that your code did
not work. Were is the reference information that I can look at to see when
the .Object.Value is needed etc. I have that problem a lot with Excel, I
don't seem to be able to find how to expose all the objects, properties and
methods that available to me.

Thanks again,
Vince

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Vince,

My code was

strValue = ActiveSheet.OLEObjects(i).Name

not

strValue = ActiveSheet.OLEObjects(i).Value

You must learn to paste it from the post, not type it all again <vbg

--

HTH

RP

"Vince" wrote in message
Thanks Bob, I tried the following:

Dim i as Long

For i = 1 To ActiveSheet.OLEObjects.Count
If TypeName(ActiveSheet.OLEObjects(i).Object) = "ListBox" Then
strValue = ActiveSheet.OLEObjects(i).Value
End If
Next i

First problem is the If statement never goes true.
Second problem is the line strValue when looked at in the quick watch

window
gives the error: <Object doesn't support this property or method

Any idea what is going on?

Vince
"Bob Phillips" wrote:

You are probabky looking at userform answers.

Try

Dim i As Long

For i = 1 To ActiveSheet.OLEObjects.Count
If TypeName(ActiveSheet.OLEObjects(i).Object) = "ListBox" Then
Msgbox ActiveSheet.OLEObjects(i).Name
End If
Next i

--

HTH

RP

"Vince" wrote in message
I have a worksheet with 51 listbox controls on it, Listbox1 -

Listbox51.
need to loop through them and get the Value in each one and store it

away.
have looked through the questions posted here, and the answer appears

easy
enough, however, I don't know if I have an Excel problem or something
else.
For some reason the Me.Controls line of code will not work. When I am
typing
the line of code, the drop down gives me several properties and

methods to
use for the "Me." but not "Controls".
Can anyone provide some help with this!!

Thank you
Vince