Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Looping through listbox controls

If you want the value, you need

strValue = ActiveSheet.OLEObjects(i).Object.Value

--

HTH

RP

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
Vince,

My code was

strValue = ActiveSheet.OLEObjects(i).Name

not

strValue = ActiveSheet.OLEObjects(i).Value

You must learn to paste it from the post, not type it all again <vbg

--

HTH

RP

"Vince" wrote in message
Thanks Bob, I tried the following:

Dim i as Long

For i = 1 To ActiveSheet.OLEObjects.Count
If TypeName(ActiveSheet.OLEObjects(i).Object) = "ListBox" Then
strValue = ActiveSheet.OLEObjects(i).Value
End If
Next i

First problem is the If statement never goes true.
Second problem is the line strValue when looked at in the quick watch

window
gives the error: <Object doesn't support this property or method

Any idea what is going on?

Vince
"Bob Phillips" wrote:

You are probabky looking at userform answers.

Try

Dim i As Long

For i = 1 To ActiveSheet.OLEObjects.Count
If TypeName(ActiveSheet.OLEObjects(i).Object) = "ListBox" Then
Msgbox ActiveSheet.OLEObjects(i).Name
End If
Next i

--

HTH

RP

"Vince" wrote in message
I have a worksheet with 51 listbox controls on it, Listbox1 -

Listbox51.
need to loop through them and get the Value in each one and store it

away.
have looked through the questions posted here, and the answer

appears
easy
enough, however, I don't know if I have an Excel problem or

something
else.
For some reason the Me.Controls line of code will not work. When I

am
typing
the line of code, the drop down gives me several properties and

methods to
use for the "Me." but not "Controls".
Can anyone provide some help with this!!

Thank you
Vince