Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
david mcritchie david mcritchie is offline

Default Excel file saved as hex values

Will it save to your local drive. Seems like you are having a problem
with network security renaming of file, or with an antivirus program.
not allowing renaming of files. A temporary file with hex digits and
no file extension is used until you save your file.
---
HTH,

"Samba" wrote in message ...
Hi,

I am creating excel files in as ASP.NET application. When I am trying to
save the file into harddisk, it is saving with different filenames(random hex
values). It is not using the filenames that I provide. Can anyone help me
why it is happening like this and any workaround.

Thanks,
-Samba