Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Andibevan[_2_] Andibevan[_2_] is offline

Default Call Macro when Cell within Range Changes

Thanks Bob - The answer was staring me in the face. Easy when you know
how..

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
Andi,

Yours is a SelectionChange event, so will run whenever a cell is selected,
and call you macro if that selection is in A1:A10, whereas Chip's uses

the
Change event, so on ly runs when a cell is changed.

--

HTH

RP

"Andibevan" wrote in

message
Chip,

Thanks that's perfect. I am slightly confused as I have the following

code
which runs a macro when the cell range is selected whereas your macro

works
when the cell is changes.

I can see what the difference is but don't understand why swapping the

range
and the target round makes such a difference.

Regards

Andi

If Not Application.Intersect(Range("A1:A10"), Target) Is Nothing

Then
'Call your Macro
Else

"Chip Pearson" wrote in message
Andi,

Try the following:

If Not Application.Intersect(Target, Range("A1:A10")) Is Nothing
Then
' do something

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft MVP - Excel
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com

"Andibevan" wrote
in message ...
Hi All,

I understand how to set up a worksheet so that a macro is
called when the
value of a specific cell changes (i.e. when Cell A1 changes),
but how do you
call a macro when a cell within a range changes (a1:a10).

I know this is simple but I can't find the right arguments?

Any ideas?

Ta

Andi