Anne Troy

By the way, if you put that dropdown into (for instance) A1, you could use
=INDIRECT to get the Sheetname so your cell references switch sheets.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"Anne Troy" wrote in message
news:c08d1$42d0ca96$97c5108d$4874@allthenewsgroups .com...
Seems to me it might be a better choice to use a different sheet for

manual
input -vs- formulas. Then, you could put the "Input Type" into a dropdown.
For "Manual" you can have the formulas look at a worksheet called

"Manual",
and for formulas it uses the current worksheet or "Formula" worksheet.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"Ruthki" wrote in
message ...

Hope nobody minds me jumping in on this thread with a further question -
but perhaps this can be modified to help with something I am looking
for?

At the moment I have some forumula spreading a budget based on various
user selectable options (eg previous yr, flat, etc) in another cell
drop down. one of the options is to manually input At the moment I
have used conditional formatting to turn the cell white while while
waiting for input and then pink once the formula has been overwritten.

This works well to highlight overwritten cells to make the user aware
that forumla is gone - but I would really like the formula to return if
one of the other options is selected.

I am very new to VBA but wondered if the code could help with the
above? If it is possible - could you annotate the code to explain what
it is doing?

Ruthki

--
Ruthki