keithl816

Hi Anne,

Thank you for replying, unfortunately I need to use this method to
monitor my workbook activity. I have a few associates that use this
workbook and are not very good with excel. So I monitor who opens the
workbook and modifies it.

I've protected everything possible including all worksheets in the
workbook. So disabling the macros basically locks all buttons down to
where a user cannot promt a userform to appear. Likewise if a password
was incorrect it automatically closes the book.

I'm the main user, the only time anyone else uses it, is if I am on
vacation or away from my desk for a short period of time.

The reason I require a password to login is to monitor who enters data,
what date, and what computer was used to open the workbook. It's only a
select few.

The problem I'm having is when the dialoge box pops up prompting for a
“username and password”, if you do not enter anything and just click
the “enter password“ button an error pops up. If you choose to click
the end button in the open dialogue box instead of debug it continues
without closing, exposing the password and userlog.

Everything works fine but this little issue. What can I add to my code
to keep this error message from continuing.

Again, thanks for replying, any help is appreciated.

--
keithl816
keithl816's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=21287