Anne Troy

Well, I just can't help but think that I'd be trying to figure a different
cell to use. Something like this:
=if(isblank(G1),A1,G1).
This way, you can enter something in G1 whenever you want.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"Mark Dvorkin" wrote in message
a1 of sheet1 (Monday) holds an int entered manually, which often but not
always
goes into a2 of the sheet2 (Tuesday) and so on.
Sometimes I need to overwrite this value in a2 on the subsequent sheet and I
would
like to do it without loosing the formula in a2 which most likely will be
used in
sheet3, 4 and so on.

Anne Troy wrote:

What's the manual value you need to enter, and what's in A1 when you enter
it?
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"Mark Dvorkin" wrote in message

A weekly workbook has 7 sheets, one for each day.

My function say in cell a2 (=prevDay(a1)) puts the value
from cell a1 of the previous day into cell a2.

Sometimes I need to overwrite this value manually.

Is there a way of doing this without loosing
the formula in a2?

thanks in advance,
/mark