Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default COUNTIF Multiple Criteria

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A100="apple"),--(B1:B100="Bill"))

--

HTH

RP

"Lori Hornick" wrote in message
I need a formula that will look count the number of occurrences in one

column
that equal a criteria only if the a criteria in another column is met.
Neither of the two columns contain numbers.

For instance Column A has a type of fruit, column B has the seller of the
fruit. I need to know how many of a particular fruit the specified seller
sells.

Thank you!
--
Lori