Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Paul Roberts Paul Roberts is offline

Default UDF that can populate the sheet with data?

Hi,

I am attempting to write an excel addin that the user can type various
formula in a spreadsheet and it will return the data requested. To make it
that bit more complicated the returned data is variable in columns and rows.
No matter what I try it seems that the sheet is always locked when in my
add-in/function is running. I have even tried spawning another thread and
waiting for the sheet to be unlocked but it never seems to.

I know that there are other add-ins out there that can do this, an example
that I have seen in the Bloomberg add-in.

Cheers
Paul