Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JulieD JulieD is offline

Default Calculations in Excel

Hi

for your first problem embedd your formula in an IF statement
e.g.
=IF(ISBLANK(A1),"",your_current_formula)

to retrieve the last value in a column
=LOOKUP(2,1/(-E1:E10<0),E1:E10)

Where A1:A10 is the range you're interested in.

Cheers
JulieD

"Luada" wrote in message
I am designing an invoice sheet and need to have formulas that calculate
what
is due. My first problem is how to populate the balance column with the
formula without the #Value showing until I actually have numbers that will
populate that row. I tried the template for invoice but I need to modify
it
and then it does not work.

Second, is how to you refer to the last populated balance row in a
receipt.
I cannot use the sum as then it adds all the balances. I just need the
last
balance row that has a number in it.