zargian

Default Numbers in speech recognition

When I try to enter numerical data in Excel using speech recognition I say
something like "4.23" and get "4.2 three" and "5.39" I get "5.3 nine" etc. I
have tried formatting the cells as numbers with 2 decimal places... still
doesn't work.

There should be a way to enter ONLY numbers... especially with a program
like Excel! Is there anyway to limit the available input to ONLY NUBMERS?
If not, WTF, they dropped the ball on that one!

I collect HOURS of data each day on a voice recorder and could cut my time
in half (minus the error checking time) if I could just play the voice
recorder into the speech recognition and not worry about this kind of crap
happening.