David McRitchie

lazy people who know where (think they know where) they are going use the name box,
and have toolbar buttons to get to top row and last row in a column
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/toolbars.htm

However for Conditional Formatting you might as well select the entire column
and if you want to start in B2 you can use arrow key to have that as the activecell.
Or you can select B2 and then Ctrl+Spacebar (c for column = ctrl)
If you are just testing numbers the text cells won't show up with True anyway.

If you have Excel 2003 (and I don't) you have to learn to use Ctrl+Shift+SpaceBar
to select all cells instead of using Ctrl+A. So that you select all rows (Shift+SpaceBar)
and all columns (Ctrl+SpaceBar). This is not the same as the gray button to left of the
column letters which will change the active cell.

The important page for laziness is, never mind it's my entire site, well fillhand.htm,
and shortx2k.htm and then all the other pages.

---
HTH,

"Earl Kiosterud" wrote in message ...
Domenic,

Yeah. I often find it handy to start at the bottom, and drag up. That way,
I don't have to worry about going too much farther than I wanted to, since
it stops when I crash into the top. Lazy people have lots of tricks. Then
I can back down to the top cell of my desired selection before I let go of
Mr. Mouse. In this case, B2 wouldn't be active, though one press of Enter
fixes that.

--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com/

"Domenic" wrote in message
In article ,
"Earl Kiosterud" wrote:

To add to Domenic's reply, it's important that the active (white) cell of
the B2:B100 selection be B2 to use his formula. It probably would be,
but
it's possible it not be. I thought it's worth a mention.

Thanks Earl! Good point! I assumed that B2 would be selected first,
but I suppose there may be those who would select B100 first. I'll have
to keep that in mind for the future. :)