Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
david mcritchie david mcritchie is offline

Default Excel schedule chart - 'reverse' conditional formatting

By now you probably get the idea that coloring cells and trying to
get their values is not the best way to do things.

You can get subroutines to check the coloring of cells that were
colored with regular formatting (not with conditional formatting) at
Functions For Cell Colors
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm.

You can see some example using his functions on my page
Color Palette and the 56 Excel ColorIndex Colors
Interior Color, using Count, SUM, etc. (#count)
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/colors.htm#count

If you used your actual name it would be a lot more pleasurable helping you.
---
HTH,

"radillac" wrote in message ...
I have an excel schedule chart with the first row being consecutive dates for
a month, and multiple rows below containing colored cells indicating
different tasks to be performed on certain dates. As the users create or
revise the colored cells in a row (i.e. number of days scheduled for a task)
I'd like to have the corresponding date or range of dates from the first row
copied to a column on a separate worksheet for export to an Access database.
Is there a way to do this in code? I've been trying HLookup but it doesn't
seem to work quite right. Maybe something that starts with a
Worksheet_Selection Change event?