Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Selecting answers from a list and displaying them

Darin,

OK. Assumptions:

Your sheet with the questions is named "Question Sheet" without the quotes.
Your numbers, descriptions, and answers are in columns A, B, and C.
Answers can only be Yes or No
Row 1 has headers on both sheets.
Rows 2 through 51 have the 50 questions and answers.
Your "somewhere else in the workook" is another sheet, with headers in row
1, and the table starting in row 2, of columns A, B, and C.

On your other sheet, in cell A2, array enter the formula (enter with
Ctrl-Shift-Enter)

=IF(COUNTIF('Question
Sheet'!$C:$C,"No")=ROW()-ROW($A$2)+1,INDIRECT("'Question Sheet'!" &
ADDRESS(LARGE(('Question Sheet'!$C$2:$C$51="No")*ROW('Question
Sheet'!$C$2:$C$51),COUNTIF('Question
Sheet'!$C:$C,"No")+ROW($A$2)-ROW()),COLUMN()-COLUMN($A$2)+1)),"")

Copy that cell to cells A2:C51, and you're done.

IF you can't get it to work, email me privately, and I will send you the
working example.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Darin Kramer" wrote in message

Hi Bernie,

My preference is for the one that requires the least user input, ie
hopefully they wont have to do much (including clicking a button to run
a macro - they tend to get things wrong!) What worries me is if you are
saying they are complicated forumlae, then Im in trouble!!! :)

Lets perhaps give the formulae a try - if I cant make head or tail of
it, I will try the VB...

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Darin