Dave Peterson

Do you mean you change values in existing cells?

If yes, look at your =subtotal() or =sum() formula to make sure that it includes
the correct range. (Excel may have guessed the wrong range.

If you mean you inserted a row between the total line and the last row of
details and then added another value in that row, you can change your formula to
something like:

With your data in A1:A21 and your formula in A21, you could use a formula like:

=sum(a3:offset(a21,-1,0))

It says to sum up the values in A3 to one row above cell A21.

When you insert a row, that formula will adjust to still point at the cell above
the formula's cell.

Bedros wrote:

Inserting figures in a colum after I have used auto sum does not total the
added figures. Please help me, what do I have to do. I'm using XP home
version and office professional edition 2003.

I have never had that problem using with previous excel with windows 98.

Thanks

--

Dave Peterson