Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jamie Collins Jamie Collins is offline

Default filter with vb code

Nate Oliver wrote:
I wasn't pleased with
the results.

Is it a classic memory leak? Not sure, but it's not good and is a

shame.

Sincere thanks for this.

In the other
thread it seems you're arguing that ADO is stable and to be trusted,

and
here, well, we're seeing something that's not good, whether it's

Excel, Jet
or ADO.

I'm trying to concentrate on specifics. I've seen bad things happen
when using ADO + Jet + an open Excel workbook, so I view it as an
unstable aspect of ADO. Likewise isolated and specific unstable aspects
of DAO, Excel, etc. I've yet to see bad things happen when ADO objects
are closed/released implicitly and/or in the 'wrong' order, so I
consider it a stable aspect of ADO. I've not seen or heard of bad
things happening when the VB garbage collector is trusted to do its
work.

Jamie.