Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Peter T Peter T is offline

Default Copy range from closed file

Jamie - thanks for the tip but.

Version 1.5 is extremely aged. The latest version MDAC 2.8 can run in
Win98 and is available as download (including a redistributable):

http://msdn.microsoft.com/data/mdac/default.aspx

I downloaded MDAC 2.8 / Mdac_typ.exe and ran the setup which did the usual.
I had previously existed all programs and accepted the prompt to restart my
system.

Windows would not exit - Ctrl Alt Delete showed just the following remaining
from the setup app:
Dasetup
Mdac-typ

I did "End task" for each followed by total crash!!!!

Restarted manually and Windows restored a backup of my registry (years since
it's needed to do that).

Sigh of relief as all appears OK. Loaded Ron's file and now it has the
previously missing reference to MADO 2.5 in place. His routines work fine
(as they did with v 2.1).

Curiously though I cannot see any references in the list to v2.8. Possibly
because Windows restored a backup registry.

Regards,
Peter T

PS, Prior to the setup I had downloaded and ran "Componant Checker" as
recommended on the download page, to inform me of I'm not quite sure what!