Dave Peterson

Just to add to Paul's response.

I bet your short date format is different in the new pc than in the old pc.

Using some formats, excel will pick up that windows format and use that.

You may want to fiddle with your windows setting
windows start button|control panel|regional settings
to change that date format.

(I like mm/dd/yyyy (leading 0's and 4 digit years). I've received workbooks
that were developed on pcs that used m/d/yy as the format. The column widths
had to be widened for me (and narrowed for those other users).)

boblock wrote:

I bought a new computer with an updated version of Excel post transfering my
old spread sheet to office 2003 I've found most of my dates now now read
#######. I have yet to figure out a way to insert a date (ie 7/9/05) without
this same issue occuring.

--

Dave Peterson