Ashish Mathur

I presume that you want to return all the dates pertaining to that value. I
have tried to draw a parallel example. Hope this helps.

Col A Col B

Ashish 100
Sanjay 200
Pongal 300
Ashish 400
Rajesh 500
Suresh 600
Ashish 700

Now enter "Ashish" (w/o quotes) in cell A10 and array enter
(Ctrl+Shift+Enter) the following in cell B10. Now copy the formula down to 2
rows.

Ashish IF(ISERROR(INDEX($A$1:$B$7,SMALL(IF($A$1:$A$7=$A$1 0,ROW
($A$1:$A$7)),ROW(1:1)),2)),"",INDEX($A$1:$B$7,SMAL L(IF($A$1:$A$7=$A$10,ROW($A$1:$A$7)),ROW(1:1)),2))

Regards,

Ashish Mathur

"Chiba" wrote:

Got a head scratcher. I have a list of prices and dates. I'm using a
DMAX function to get the highest price for each month, which works just
fine.

But, I want to lookup the result of the DMAX function and return the
date. That way I have a list of months, the high price and the date
that price came from. Problem is, in the whole table there are multiple
prices that are the same, so I get a #NUM error if I use DGET, or
vlookup just returns the first one.

How can I set the lookup table to check the original date criteria and
only lookup in a part of the overall table?

--
Chiba
Chiba's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24998