Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mircea Pleteriu Mircea Pleteriu is offline

Default Excel does not redraw iteself

Do I have to set the parent of the message box to point to the Excel's main
window?

"Fredrik Wahlgren" wrote in message

"Jake Marx" wrote in message
Hi Mircea,

Try setting the ScreenUpdating property of the Excel Application object

True before displaying any forms or messageboxes. I'm not sure why it

would
be False, as it defaults to True. But explicitly setting it to True

should
fix what you're seeing.

Jake Marx
MS MVP - Excel
www.longhead.com

I.m not sure it will help but it's worth trying. I did a test where I set
this property to false. I then dragged other windows over Excel, both from
Excel and from other programs. Excel redraw as it should. I don't think

this
command prevents Excel's main window from being redrawn although it

prevents
updated values in cells to appear.

/Fredrik