Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Dictionary Object in Windows XP

I have used windows 2000 under Windows XP and did not receive errors for
undeclared variables. So I don't think it is a change in behavior.

I can only think that when it sees the undeclared variable, it causes the
compiler to search for a definition in the libraries. In doing so, it must
try to access a missing library, similar to the previous problem. That is
where I would start looking.
Tom Ogilvy

"Alan Beban" wrote in message
Tom Ogilvy wrote:
After you get the error, go back and look at the references again. Make
sure this workbook is the default project in the VBE (selected in the
project explorer). Anything marked as MISSING now?

(you may have to hit reset before you can get into tools=references)

Thanks for responding, Tom. I had a reference to an Add-in that is
missing. When I unchecked that, the code worked. I have no idea why
that is, but thanks for the pointer.

My next step is to get that Add-in into the available libraries.

Change of subject. When I was working in Windows98 I had a lot of
procedures in xl2000 files, not preceded by the Option Explicit
statement, in which I didn't declare variables before using them (yeah,
yeah, I know!). They worked fine. Having upgraded to WindowsXP, and
still working in xl2000, those procedures now give me an error
message--Can't find project or library--for any variables not explicitly
declared. Is that a feature of WindowsXP?

Thanks again Tom,
Alan Beban