Debra Dalgleish

You're welcome! There's a bit more information in the following MSKB
article:

How to force Excel to always reference the same cell
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=214143

Chad Wethington wrote:
This is exactly what I needed.

Thanks very Much!

Chad Wethington

"Debra Dalgleish" wrote:

Use SUM with INDIRECT:

=SUM(INDIRECT("'worksheet 1'!H8:H89"))

Chad Wethington wrote:

That seems to sum the intire column and I want to always sum is the rows
between 8 and 88.

Chad Wethington

"Anne Troy" wrote:

Chad, why don't you try =SUM('worksheet 1'!H:H)
?
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"Chad Wethington" <Chad wrote in
message ...

On worksheet 2 I am trying to use the sum function to calculate a range of
cells in a column on worksheet 1. My problem is that when I insert a row
within that sum range it expandes the formula. For example the formula
before the inserted row would be =SUM('worksheet 1'!H8:H88), but after I
insert the row it changes the formula to =SUM('worksheet 1'!H8:H89). I

don't

want it to do that. I want it to keep the exact range that I define in

the

first place regardless wether I insert or delete rows on worksheet 1. Is
there a way to do this?

TIA!
Chad Wethington

--