Domenic

Try...

=SUMPRODUCT(--(ISNUMBER(MATCH($B$1:$E$1,{"Company A","Company
B"},0))),B2:E2)

OR

=SUMPRODUCT(--(ISNUMBER(MATCH($B$1:$E$1,$G$1:$G$2,0))),B2:E2)

....where G1:G2 contains your company names.

Hope this helps!

In article ,
Brian Barbre wrote:

I have a row of data that I want to sum if the corresponding collumns are one
of several departments. I can't figure out how to use multiple criteria with
the sumif function and the data is not in typical DB format so I can't use
the DSUM function. Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Brian

Sample
Company A Company B Company C Company D
Assets 15 5 20 25

Question: What are the assets for companies A and B.
My actual situation could have 15 different search requirements.