Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jake Marx[_3_] Jake Marx[_3_] is offline

Default Excel does not redraw iteself

Hi Mircea,

Try setting the ScreenUpdating property of the Excel Application object to
True before displaying any forms or messageboxes. I'm not sure why it would
be False, as it defaults to True. But explicitly setting it to True should
fix what you're seeing.

Jake Marx
MS MVP - Excel
www.longhead.com

Mircea Pleteriu wrote:
Hi,

I'm developing a class which opens the MS Excel
and extend the context menu with a new item. When the item is clicked
all it does is to popup a message box.
While the message box is displayed, it seems that Excel is locked up
and not redrawing its surface until message box control returns to
it, that is, until the message box is acknowledged.

I mention that my class is not a macro. It just accesses the Excel
from within an .NET Windows Application.

Any idea why MS Excel framwork does not get repaint while the message
box is shown?

Thanks,
Mircea