Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Resize Message Box

Yeah, mine is a personal Sony Vaio. It has a bi screen (16"),great
resolution (1600x1200 max), but it is quite heavy.

Bob

"Andibevan" wrote in message
I am working on a work laptop which is lovely and light but about the size
of a box of matches.

Ta

Andi

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
That may well be it. I have a resolution of 1600x1200 on my laptop, so I

get
quite a bit of real estate.

--

HTH

RP

"Andibevan" wrote in

message
I give up - I can only presume that the maximum size of a MSGBOX is
dependent on your screen size and configuration. As a result I will

give
up
on this simple approach and have to do something a bit more involved.

Thanks for you help though :-)

Andi

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
Guess what - one line for me/

This is how I understand MsgBox to work.

--

HTH

RP

"Andibevan" wrote in
message
Apologies again, I copied the wrong line - it also appears

correctly
on
mine

This one does appear on 2 lines on my screen.
MsgBox "Copy Information from:- C:\Documents and

Settings\abevan\My
Documents\SM Parti\Drive_H\WIP\WIP - Weekly
Checkin\Start\blahblahblahblah"

Maybe there is a way to turn of word wrapping in a message box?

"Bob Phillips" wrote in

message
When I run that, it all appears on one line !

--

HTH

RP

"Andibevan" wrote

in
message
Sorry Bob,

I think it would be clearer if I gave you the code:-

MsgBox "Copy Information from:- C:\Documents and

Settings\abevan\My
Documents\SM Partition\Drive_H\WIP\WIP - Weekly Checkin\Start"

When I try this it appears on 2 lines but I want it to appear

on
one.

Any ideas?

Ta

Andi

"Bob Phillips" wrote in

message
Use a Chr(10), for example

msgbox "hello" & Chr(10) & "goodbye" & chr(10) & "taht's it"

--

HTH

RP

"Andibevan"

wrote
in
message
Hi All,

I am trying to display a large amount of information to

the
user
within
message box but can't work out how to specify the width of

the
box.

As the width of the box is too small, my text word wraps

whereas
want
each
piece of information to be contained on a seperate line.

Is it possible to set the size of a message box or do I

need
use
useform.

Would really appreciate it if someone could give me a

pointer.

Thanks

Andy