Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mircea Pleteriu Mircea Pleteriu is offline

Default Excel does not redraw iteself

Hi,

I'm developing a class which opens the MS Excel
and extend the context menu with a new item. When the item is clicked all it
does is to popup a message box.
While the message box is displayed, it seems that Excel is locked up and not
redrawing its surface until message box control returns to it, that is,
until the message box is acknowledged.

I mention that my class is not a macro. It just accesses the Excel from
within an .NET Windows Application.

Any idea why MS Excel framwork does not get repaint while the message box is
shown?

Thanks,
Mircea