Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
bobkaku bobkaku is offline

Default Project Locking Woes

I used to be able to lock the VBA code for viewing with a password in
Excel 2000. I closed down all the Worksheets, Forms, and Modules in
the VBeditor. Then, I went to Tools VBAProject Properties and
select the Protection tab, clicked "Lock project for viewing", and
entered a password. It seemed to work fine. Whenever I attempted to
view the any of forms and/or, I was challenged with a password.

But when I try to do the same thing in Excel 2003, there's something
wrong. After I've been simply using the app (not in the VB Editor)
and then close Excel, I get the password challenge prompt. That
clearly is not acceptable if I want other people to just use the app.
Can someone tell what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.