GeeB

Yea, I already had seen the KB and several others to no avail on a resolution.

The fx button doesn't show the function. Adding the APw/VBA pak doesn't help
either.

I finally installed Excel 2003 SP1 and that made it worse. I now get 'This
file is not in a recognizable format' message upon opening ANY Excel
worksheet.

Really bizarre behavior.

This is occurring on a test box (WS03 w/SP1 as a DC) that I'm writing
documentation for the undocumented switches of the subinacl utility using a
bare-bones Excel install (maybe something isn't installed that needs to
be??). So, I copied the Excel file over to my personal workstation where I'm
monitoring this post (hence, why I didn't copy/paste previously) and
everything works fine.

Oh well, since it is not an issue on my personal box where it works fine,
I'll just punt and not bother with it any more onthe test box. It was only
installed on the test box for the convenience factor to be able to document
while working.

Thanks to all for the help/suggestions!