Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Peter T Peter T is offline

Default Too many different cell formats

Hi David,

We might be slightly at cross purposes, or perhaps I'm missing something.
Leo's code certainly removes unused custom NumberFormats (on request) from
the list in the workbook. But I don't see how that reduces the number of
[used cell] formats.

Quite rightly, it does not change or remove any cell formatting, or remove
from the list a custom number format even if it has only used in a blank
cell.

Regards,
Peter T

"David McRitchie" wrote in message
Hi Peter,
Leo's code would reduce the number of formats, because that is exactly

what his code was written for. It eliminates usused formats
and gives you a chance to eliminate others later.

Yes the Beta Google Groups is and has been a disaster since
Nov 2004. You could use the google.uk.co site which not afflicted with
the Beta yet, but that's just part of divide and conquer tactics. To

specifically address being able to see code as posted, you
could look at the "Show original" which they hide in "show options".
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel...oglebetagroups
read about link-hijacking by Google at
http://www.google-watch.org/toolbar.html
---
HTH,

I love it - and I will call it Leo Heuser's NumberFormat Manager !

Leo Heuser's posting ( 2001-05-06 in programming)
http://google.com/groups?selm=OxP9cg...%40tkmsftngp02

Leo's code deletes unused formats, but at the very beginning it

indicates
the number of formats and gives you a choice of whether to