Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
brentm brentm is offline

Default Conditional Formatting

Hello all,

I have a formating issue, and I am not sure the best way to go about it. I
have a spreadsheet that shows each day in a different column. I want any
projections (items in columns for days past the current or past days) to have
the background highlighted yellow. I know how to use the conditional format
in Excel, but there are so many cells, I have to adjust each one
individually. Is there a way maybe through Visual Basic that I can use to
"mass format" a specific area?

Here is what I have so far:

row 1 = column date headers ( B1 = 3/1/05, C1 = 3/2/05, D1 = 3/3/05, etc)

conditional formatting:

B2 =IF(B2="","",AND(B20,TODAY()<B1))
B3 =IF(B3="","",AND(B30,TODAY()<B1))
Etc down the row and across all columns.

Any help is appreciated!
BrentM