Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
gilgil gilgil is offline

Default VBA - How to change the decimal sign

Example of web table before importation:
aaa 1.90
bbb 2.00
ccc 1.80

Desired values when they are in Excel:
aaa 1,90
bbb 2,00
ccc 1,80

If I could import the web table as text than I could replace the digits with
comma (Edit/Replace or fonction SUSTITUTE).
Before that I can make that Excel recognazes the numbers as values and
insert in the cells wrong values.

Is it possible to prevent Excel recognizing numbers as values?
Thanks.
--
gilgil

Excuse my english

"Ron Rosenfeld" ha scritto nel messaggio
On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 10:14:22 +0100, "gilgil"
wrote:

If the values are being imported as TEXT, then you could do Edit/Replace
or use
the SUBSTITUTE worksheet function. Then you could convert them to
numbers.

If the values are being imported as numbers, then give some examples as to
the
actual and desired values when they are in Excel.