Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
gocush[_29_] gocush[_29_] is offline

Default Information building?

OPENING a long list of files could be time consuming. As an alternative you
might want to explore linking cells in your "master" sheet to the "hidden"
sheets

or looping thru each with Data Get External Data which does not require
opening the workbooks.

"Greg B" wrote:

I want to have my the spreadsheet I open automatically open all workbooks in
a directory. And copy the information from cell b2 into the current
workbook. The only problem is that this directory will be added to and also
client deleted as they come and go.

currently we have 40 patients

so that will be 40 workbooks in the directory c:\idsc\clients\

The sheet name for all books is called "hidden info"

and the workbook it will be pasted into is called chart database

Thanks if anyone can help with this

Greg