Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Black1 Black1 is offline

Default Returning a date from a UserForm

I've recently built an Excel based application for some of our staff and have
now encountered a problem that I can't figure out.

A userform prompts the user to enter a date.. they enter it in the UK format
(08/03/05 for 8th March), but the data posts to the underlying worksheet as
03/08/05...and if we use dd-mmm-yy (on the sheet) it converts to 03-aug-05.

I obviously need to somehow define the format of the variable "xdate"

I can get round it by forcing it to accept the date as text, but this then
limits it's use.

I'd really appreciate your suggestions...