Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Macro to clear error

Sub SaveMacro()
'
' SaveMacro Macro
' Macro recorded 3/8/2005 by john
'

ActiveWorkbook.Save
On Error Resume Next
ActiveWorkbook.RefreshAll ' (This is where I get the Run-Time error
1004).

Tom Ogilvy

"gifer" wrote in message
Thanks. I tried a couple things, but compile error expecting End or End
Sub... couldn't get it to compile w/o error. My original code is below...
I'm not sure where to insert the resume on error... would it be after the
line that fails; noted below in SaveMacro. The first two sets of code are
to have the SaveMacro run every 5 seconds. Those parts work fine.

Public RunWhen As Double
Public Const cRunIntervalSeconds = 5
Public Const cRunWhat = "SaveMacro"

Sub StartTimer()
RunWhen = Now + TimeSerial(0, 0, cRunIntervalSeconds)
Application.OnTime earliesttime:=RunWhen, procedu=cRunWhat,
schedule:=True
End Sub

Sub SaveMacro()
'
' SaveMacro Macro
' Macro recorded 3/8/2005 by john
'

'
ActiveWorkbook.Save

ActiveWorkbook.RefreshAll (This is where I get the Run-Time error

1004).

End Sub

"Chad" wrote in message
Although I do not know what the code you are using looks like, one
technique
that I use is a conditional loop that evaluates the error code produced

by
the macro you are using.

A simple example is:

on error resume next 'tells excel to ignore errors

refresh commands

do while err=1004
repeat refresh commands
end

The error is the event.

"gifer" wrote:

Hi,

I have a simple macro or two, that this group has helped me write

(thank
you), that tells my worksheet to RefreshAll, so outside data is updated
every 30 seconds. Occasionally, the server where the Get External Data

is
pointing, is out of service. If during that time, refresh is executed,

get
a box telling me that "update/refresh is unable to query server"... It
requires acknowledgment, even though the server may come back on line
while
the box is waiting for me to click OK. If I am not at my desk to click
OK,
then my data which I am logging, is interrupted for however long I am
away... which could be while I am at home, off for the weekend, etc.

How can I have the macro ignore that the server may not be ready... and
pole
again, and again, on its regular interval... because, the server

usually
returns to service less than a 5 minutes?

I'm guessing some kind of event... I'll try while I'm waiting on a

reply.
Working with Excel2000.

Thanks!

John