Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
gifer gifer is offline

Default Macro to clear error

Hi,

I have a simple macro or two, that this group has helped me write (thank
you), that tells my worksheet to RefreshAll, so outside data is updated
every 30 seconds. Occasionally, the server where the Get External Data is
pointing, is out of service. If during that time, refresh is executed, I get
a box telling me that "update/refresh is unable to query server"... It
requires acknowledgment, even though the server may come back on line while
the box is waiting for me to click OK. If I am not at my desk to click OK,
then my data which I am logging, is interrupted for however long I am
away... which could be while I am at home, off for the weekend, etc.

How can I have the macro ignore that the server may not be ready... and pole
again, and again, on its regular interval... because, the server usually
returns to service less than a 5 minutes?

I'm guessing some kind of event... I'll try while I'm waiting on a reply.
Working with Excel2000.

Thanks!

John